Sometimes ministry makes me feel pathetic....

When was the last time you spoke to someone who has completely lost hope? When was the last time you spoke to someone whose light at the end of the tunnel has gone; whose smallest glimmer of hope has just been snubbed out? When was the last time you spoke to someone who can see no way out of his or her problems? Whose life once secure, has been rocked to near destruction?

I just have and I didn’t know what to say.

No handy pastoral proposals. No helpful advice. No practical recommendations. No supportive suggestions. No meaningful spiritual counsel. Nothing.

"Why I’m I suffering like this?" My effort "I don’t know!"

Sometimes ministry makes me feel pathetic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown