Being in tune with God ...

Paul Fromont at Prodigal Kiwi(s) has been interviewed at NextReformation. This quote caught my eye and encouraged me in my life post-Poplar as I work on Spiritual Formation material for TSA Training College.
"Spirituality, it seems to me, has a lot to do with what David Bosch describes as being in tune with what God is doing in the world and participating in God’s work (missio Dei). It also has to do with being in tune with what God is doing inwardly in us – for this too is part of the missio Dei."
Mission without holiness makes as little sense as holiness without mission!

Comments

lucy ar said…
Great quote. Deeply true. Although holiness without mission and vice versa is nonsensical it is far too easily attempted. It is scary how consistently one is found without the other. (Thats in my own life too)
and I have found that in being in tune with what God is doing within us it is useful to be comfortable in the process of learning to articulate it. Which in some cases might involve a fairly radical change of church culture! lol

Warmest blessings,
Eleanor n/TSSF
Liam said…
Bosch always has his finger on the pulse.

The question I would ask of people is,
what are you sharing, if you aren't sharing what God is doing in your life?

Isn't that the point of testimonies, to share what God is doing in our life to encourage others to ask what God is doing in their life?
Thomas said…
Gordon I'm at IHQ from the 11th-22nd September!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown