Today was serious....!

Those training to be Salvation Army officers, found out their appointments today. I had the serious job of carrying the envelopes into the gathering and placing them on a table!

Then I was given the responsibility of not only reading the names out, but also the chance to hand the actual envelope with the appointment in to the Training Principle before the appointment was given to who-ever I called out.

I am glad that the enormity of my role today didn't not engulf me!

Earlier I felt the urge to mark the solemnity of the occassion. Outside the hall where we were meeting, on the grass I made the best ever snow angel at 7:15 am when no-one was around. Surely I must be the first ever Spiritual Programme Director at The Salvation Army training College to do so.

Comments

Evie said…
I hope you brushed the snow off before you took on this great responsibility!
Rochelle said…
Love it!!!! :)
And thanks for your descriptions of Oslo - beautiful writing. grace, Rochelle
Gordon said…
Heh Rochelle it was a lot colder than Zim!! But the sunsets were as spectacular!
Sarah said…
yes. that is the best snow angel ever.
BrownEyedGirl said…
Awesome! We all need to make more snow angels !!!
Life is to be lived. Both in the giving of appointments and in the enjoyment of what He has created for us to enjoy.
I've been catching up on your blog, I've somehow lost track. Glad to have found it again.
Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown