Levels of Spiritual Development (Part One)

Rohr is looking at faith development, here are his highlights for this week.

So many of our problems can be resolved if we understand that people are at different levels. (Sunday)

Growth is going somewhere, and the trajectory is toward union: union with God, with the self (of mind, heart, and body), with others, and with the cosmos. (Monday)

Stage One: My body and my self-image are who I am. (Tuesday)

Stage Two: My external behavior is who I am. (Wednesday)

Stage Three: My thoughts and feelings are who I am. (Thursday)

 Without great love (and I mean great love) and great suffering, where there is a major defeat, major humiliation, major shock to the ego self, very few people move to Stage Four. (Friday)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown