No Bible Bashers...

As I rang the door bell the sign unmissable laid out some ground rules - scribbled with venom with blue biro it declared "No Bible Bashers...".

I stood outside Janine's door. Janine had become a good friend with Eryn and the inevitable invite for tea had come. As I rang the door bell the sign unmissable laid out some ground rules - scribbled with venom with blue biro it declared "No Bible Bashers...".

I smiled to myself as the door opened. Janine's mum - Bev - beamed and brightly said "come in...". ..."I'd love to ... but I'm afraid I can't..." .... "Oh why's that... are you in a rush?" Bev enquired.

"Not really .... it's just that you obviously have rules and so I would hate to break them... I'm not allowed to come in" Bev started to look quizzical "Rules what rules...?"

I look at the poster on the door "you say no bible basher's and I am a minister of religion so I guess I had better wait here...!" Bev laughs with Dave who is now at the door and I am welcomed in.

That was two months ago. Last week the cadets band take Good Friday to the bandstand in the park opposite college. There sat at one of the picnic benches are Bev and Dave - they beckon me over to sit down "we came to support you guys" he looks over to Kate busy telling the Easter story down a mic. I sit down and Dave looks at me and says "so ... have you always been a believer...!?"

Comments

Rob said…
what a cool encounter!
Isaiah43 said…
That sounds to me like a divine appointment from God.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown