Monday, January 31, 2011
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Monday, January 24, 2011
Buechner, F. (1984). A room called Remember: uncollected pieces. San Francisco: Harper & Row. pp 56
Sunday, January 23, 2011
The life of discipleship develops into a practical outworking of that discipleship, in other words faith is working for God. This stage is characterised by a striving for uniqueness in the faith community and a seeking for responsibility. Great value is placed upon symbols or form with a need to achive perceived spiritual goals. As a result, frequently people here are characterised by being overly zealous and self centred seeing life as a performance. Moving on comes from a variety of sources including a loss of certainty that can come from experiencing personal/ faith crisis or feeling abandoned or recognising the need to look for direction. The catalyst for moving on can come from an acceptace of vulnerability and a letting go success
Hagberg, J. O. (2004). The Critical Journey, Stages in the Life of Faith, Second Edition (2nd ed.). Salem, WI: Sheffield Publishing Company pp 86
Monday, January 10, 2011
- Study - mind
- Prayer - heart
- Affliction - empathy completed only then with action
There is a difference between the function of training that is shaped by the 'essence' of ministry and that of a function of training that is shaped by the 'form' of ministry. Luther's characteristics are a good reminder of what should shape what training should take.
I've just seen the plans for the new reception at WBC; when it is finished will be dominated by Jeremiah 3:15.
"I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding."
A good reminder!
Saturday, January 08, 2011
Sent from my iPod
Monday, January 03, 2011
I saw this article from The Independent and thought it might be of interest to you
Take a book of just 13 pages, written by a relatively obscure 93-year-old man, which contains no sex, no jokes, no fine writing and no startlingly original message. A publishing disaster? No, a publishing phenomenon.
© 2009 Independent News and Media
Sent from my iPod
Sunday, January 02, 2011
- Moltmann, J. (2010). Sun of righteousness, arise!: God's future for humanity and the earth. Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press.
- Morisy, A. (2009). Bothered and bewildered enacting hope in troubled times. London: Continuum.
- Rowling, J. K., & GrandPré, M. (2007). Harry Potter and the deathly hallows . New York, NY: Arthur A. Levine Books
- Ackerman, J. (2001). Listening to God: spiritual formation in congregations. Bethesda, MD: Alban Institute.
- Faragher, C. (2010) Other voices : exploring the contemplative in Salvationist spirituality. Salvo
- Wright, N. (2008). Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the Church. New York: Harperone.
- Mandelson, P. (2010). The Third Man: Life at the Heart of New Labour. London: Harpercollins Uk.
- Brengle, S. L. (1978). Guest of the Soul. Atlanta: Salvation Army Supplies
- Brookmyre, C. (2009). A Snowball in Hell (Unabridged ed.). Cairo: Isis.
- Horsley, R. A., & Siberman, N. A. (1997). The Message and the Kingdom: How Jesus and Paul Ignited a Revolution and Transfo. idk: Putnam Pub Group, E Rutherford, New Jersey, U.S.A.
- Jamison, C. (2009). Finding Happiness: Monastic Steps for a Fulfilling Life. New York: Phoenix
- Brengle, S. L. (2009). Helps to Holiness. London, UK: Createspace
- Rohr, R. and Ebert, A. (2009) The enneagram a Christian perspective. Crossroad publishing.
- Smith, J. B. (2009). The Good and Beautiful God: Falling in Love With the God Jesus Knows (The Apprentice Series). IVP
- Cameron, H. (2010). Resourcing Mission. London: Scm Press
- Hagberg, J. O. (2004). The Critical Journey, Stages in the Life of Faith, Second Edition (2nd ed.). Salem, WI: Sheffield Publishing Company.
- Willard, D(2010). Personal Religion, Public Reality?: Towards a Knowledge of Faith
- Grisham, J. (1995). The Rainmaker (1st ed.). New York: Doubleday
Books I would be sorry to lose:
Hagberg, J. O. (2004). The Critical Journey, Stages in the Life of Faith
Moltmann, J. (2010). Sun of righteousness, arise!: God's future for humanity and the earth
Jamison, C. (2009). Finding Happiness: Monastic Steps for a Fulfilling Life
Ackerman, J. (2001). Listening to God: spiritual formation in congregations.