My Tilgate Kingfisher...

Seems an age away, but I really enjoyed our Church day out at Tilgate.  The highlight for me was the unexpected sighting of a Kingfisher, a flash of orange and blue and there it was. Ever since I heard this poem I've wanted to see a Kingfisher to see if Ann Lewin was right.

Prayer is like watching for 
The kingfisher. 
All you can do is 
Be there where he is like to appear, and 
Wait. 
Often nothing much happens; 
There is space, silence and 
Expectancy. 
No visible signs, only the 
Knowledge that he’s been there 
And may come again. 
Seeing or not seeing cease to matter, 
You have been prepared. 
But when you’ve almost stopped 
Expecting it, a flash of brightness 
Gives encouragement. 

- Prayer Is Like Watching For the Kingfisher – by Ann Lewin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown