Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 Memories!
Top Moments (in no particular order)
- Being surprised by Kate and Eryn together with the Pirie clan as we returned through Kingston - Gordy!
- The last 50km all the way back from Box Hill - the best cycling I have experienced.
- Seeing Ashley flying along at our rendezvous at Tower Hill - I'm not stopping!
- Being cheered on by Adrian and Gill in Dorking
- Getting to the top of Leith Hill and having someone thank me for getting him up - cheers fella!
- Phil Wall's monumental fist pumping encouragement with Raynes Park SA
- Sharing all 100 miles with nephew Adam, including my worst
- Arriving at the top of Box Hill to be greeted by Neil, Ashley and Mark - chased them down at last
- Turning into the Mall being cheered through by Juster's, knowing we had made it in time - just!
- Cycling out through empty London Streets
- Cyclist banter
- Getting told off by Adam for being irresponsible going down a roller on A25 -
- Unfortunate accidents and the congestion aftermath
- 80km-110km - busted
- Cramp at Newlands Corner
- The prospect of not getting back in time and getting diverted or swept up
- Being stood with 1000's of cyclists realising we weren't even half way round
- Getting annoyed with a woman at the end who refused to let me have some water :)