Today I feel heavy hearted - sad!

The last couple of days have been interesting. Every time the telephone goes our hearts miss a beat. Everytime we talk to Sue asking for news we fear the worst. Last nights sleep was uneasy - expecting the telephone to confirrm what we least want to hear.

Doris had a nasty stroke on Tuesday and ever since we have been on tenter hooks. I got to the hospital before she did and arrived as Doris was being wheeled into A&E. I was by her side when the doctor when through his tests and I found it hard watching as this vibrant, enthusiastic, remarkable member of our congregation lay motionless on the hospital trolley - unable to move anything on her left side.

Kate took the call last night from a very upset daughter. There had been another episode. Things had taken a turn for the worst. No news so far today. Kate is on her way now to visit.

Today I feel heavy hearted - sad!

Comments

Will pray for Doris.
Kathryn said…
Oh, I'm sorry Gordon...Prayers for all, of course.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown