Miller, D (2003) Blue like Jazz - Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality..1/4

This was a quick read, a welcome break from some heavier stuff I am trying to get my head around. Nevertheless there were some highlights...
They felt like they had to sell God, as if He were soap or a vacuum cleaner, and it's like they really weren't listening to me; they didn't care, they just wanted me to buy their product.


The thing I loved about Nadine was that I never felt like she was selling anything. She would talk about God as if she knew Him, as if she had talked to Him on the phone that day. She- was never ashamed, which is the thing with some Christians I had encountered. They felt like they had to sell God, as if He were soap or a vacuum cleaner, and it's like they really weren't listening to me; they didn't care, they just wanted me to buy their product. I came to realize that I had judged all Christians on the personalities of a few. That was frightening for me, too, because it had been so easy just to dismiss Christians as nuts, but here was Nadine. I didn't have a category for her. pp46
Miller, D (2003) Blue like Jazz - Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality

The power of being an uncategorisable Christian ... not too sure how good at that we are?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown