Faith House Posse...

"...I looked up to the balcony. The Faith House Posse were there trying to catch my eye. Their waving and thumbs up clearly wouldn't be abated...

My commissioning highlight this year was a solemn moment at Commissioning this year. The cadets, now Lieutenants had received their appointments, the General had spoken and an invitation to respond was made. People from all over Westminster Hall were praying, people responded and came forward to pray.

One of my responsibilities is to help co-ordinate the response to those who come to kneel and pray, we try to do this discreetly. As the prayer meeting was coming to its natural conclusion I looked up to the balcony. The Faith House Posse were there trying to catch my eye. Their waving and thumbs up clearly wouldn't be abated by a discreet and polite acknowledgement, their frenzied 'look ... we are here' would ignore the pray meeting protocol until I waved back.

Then as Commissioner Matear prayed, the 6 foot banner was unfurled over the balcony to help me see that they were there - 'Faith House Posse'. Then for good measure it was waved with vigour to ensure my eye was caught.

Wasn't only my eye that was caught. Knowing the stories of these men - my heart was caught too. What better a place, what better a time to be reminded of what The Salvation Army is...?

That was what I call a prayer of benediction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown