‎”And suddenly, I looked at the bull...."


This has been floating around the internet for a while, whether true or not there is power in the picture and the words.

This photo supposedly* shows the collapse of Torrero Alvaro Munera, as he realized in the middle of the his last fight… the injustice to the animal. From that day forward he became an opponent of bullfights.

”And suddenly, I looked at the bull. He had this innocence that all animals have in their eyes, and he looked at me with this pleading. It was like a cry for justice, deep down inside of me. I describe it as being like a prayer – because if one confesses, it is hoped, that one is forgiven..."

* the real matador is supposedly Francisco Javier Sánchez Vara, while the words associated with it were supposedly written by Antonio Gala Velasco! (here)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown