Discovering the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius...

Today was the last day and I am feeling a little bereft!

Back in January I started a journey with Larry Warner's interpretation of the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius, Journey with Jesus and pretty much everyday has represented a challenge and has had me facing myself and God in new ways. Naively thinking I would have it finished while away at the International College for Officers the journey has only just come to an end, eight months later. Although the reality is that the journey hasn't ended at all as I feel the new rhythm that has been the consequence of the exercises' prodding and probing!

This book was totally right for me and totally the right time! So I've decided to start again! This time spending more time on the 'prayers of examen' that are an integral part of relaxing into the 'believing, being and becoming' that underpins both Larry Warner's ethos and the exercises.

So twice a day this week the questions are:

When and how did I experience God's love for me today?

How did my awareness of God's love for me affect the way I interacted with others, my circumstances and myself today?

So here we go - the journey continues!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown