Heard the one about a Graceless Christ?

Jesus and his disciples went to Jericho. Bartimaeus a blind beggar was sitting beside the road. "Jesus, Son of David, have pity on me!" Jesus stopped and saw an opportunity. A divine appointment? "Call him over – this guy is really receptive." They called out to Bartimaeus who ran to Jesus. The disciples and Jesus smiled at the encouragement of his interest. A warm contact someone we could make friends with this guy and who knows what might happen. Jesus asked, "What do you want me to do for you?" The blind man answered, "Master, I want to see!"

"You want to see?" Jesus rubbed his hands together with anticipation, looked at Bartimaeus said "before I heal you I want to take opportunity to tell you exactly why I will heal you. You need to know that I am the Son of God. You need to know that belief in me will bring fullness of life. You need to know that only through me will you know salvation. "

"I am really happy to heal you but I really want to tell you how great it would be for you to follow me. I really want to tell you how your life will be so much better. Actually before I heal you I want to introduce you to some of my friends – Peter come and tell this guy how much better your life is since you met me. By the way I am so sure you’ll fit in with the guys."

Jesus told him, "You may go. Your eyes are healed because of your faith – but before you go remember how good God has been to you, remember that you have a choice, remember to use that choice wisely – and when you look at yourself the next time ask yourself how long is eternity."

Heard the one about a graceless Christ?

No nor have I?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown