For an hour we talked...

for an hour I steeled myself for the "what would really help would be £50 so I can get to see my poor Mother in Fife...!" but it never came.

The tears rolled down his face as we prayed.

Ben had walked into the reception and needed to talk. I was called and for an hour I heard the story of Ben. For an hour I heard how Ben and his brother had grown up together in the area, how Ben's life had seen him come into faith when he was younger, how now he had walked away from that faith and how yesterday was Ben's brother's funeral. For an hour we talked about grief and loss. For an hour I listened to the twists and turns of Ben's life, the up's and many down's and for an hour I steeled myself for the "what would really help would be £50 so I can get to see my poor Mother in Fife...!" but it never came.

"I need to get to a church but just can't see myself doing it."

"Ben you can always come and see me - perhaps we can help each other on our journey?"

We prayed, he cried and as he left he stopped and asked "did you mean that.... we can talk again...?"

"Of course ... anytime"

My gut feeling is that I wont meet Ben again - but who knows you might, look out for him!??

Comments

BrownEyedGirl said…
I always enjoy your people moments. They are real. You wear your pastor's heart on your sleeve! Blessings!
Anonymous said…
Glad you are still findng the contact witht he outside world!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown