Brother Gordon on faith...

I came over all Desert Fatherish yesterday during what the Training College call 'spiritual days' (we have a riot on the 358 non-spiritual days!). The theme of the day had been on faith and we had all been given the choice to discuss a variety of texts. My choice - God outlining his purposes for Abram:
The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.

"I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.

I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you."

Genesis 12:1-3

What hit me was the 'I Will' motif and the striking resemblance with God as 'I am'. Thinking of definitions of faith, that is when I went all Desert Fatherish and came up with

"Faith is comfort in the knowledge that the great 'I am' will" (Gordon Cotterill!)

Comments

Isaiah43 said…
I really like that. Am I allowed to use your wonderful words of wisdom?
Gordon said…
feel free!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown