Conversations I have missed...

Conversations of extreme recycling of bodily functions - ever wondered why the flower beds of the London parks look so good?

I look forward to Mondays. I remember using a quote by John le Carre who said "The desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world", I have been living dangerous life. I look forward to Monday's because that is the evening I get to go along to Faith House.

This is only my second week and I realise that I have missed this kind of ministry more that I had realised. I'm just feeling my way with the group who come along for something to eat and a chat but already I am enjoying conversations that are reminiscent to life before college. Conversations of extreme recycling of bodily functions - ever wondered why the flower beds of the London parks look so good? Conversations of time travel and the shock of slipping back seven months and actually discovering it was April. Conversations of being sectioned, violence and arrest all over a fishfinger sandwich and a cup of tea. I've missed these conversations.

As these conversations and others buzz around the room - I am struck by the beauty of something that is going. Here are a group of people whose opinions usually count for nothing, in an environment where their opinion can count for everything. Inclusion is a powerful image and value of the Kingdom.

For tomorrow it is back to my life of danger!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown