messing my trousers...!

I got so excited yesterday I ended up messing my trousers! ... Perhaps I should explain?

I drove Eryn to school yesterday because it was pouring, as I drove home the sun came out and while I parked the car in the college the inevitable rainbow appeared. It couldn't have been better, the sky behind was pitch black as the rain moved away; the rainbow looked almost comically false as it arched over the college tower in the perfect picture. Then it got better. The rainbow doubled; was spectacular and needed catching.

Committed to getting the shot, I run, taking a shortcut across the grass at the back of our house. I'm running full pelt in my Salvation Army uniform when I realise that this wasn't a great idea. The ground is sodden and treacherous and I slip over in a heap and slide along in the thick mud. I bounce back to my feet and disappear into our back garden and run for the camera.

It all happened in a matter of seconds but it is enough for the moment to have disappeared all but in my mind - dripping in mud it has been all for nothing! At least it has given people something to smile about because of course the whole mud slide was well and truly observed! WBC is a small community!

I looked today and the skid marks were pretty significant!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It was indeed a great rainbow - it arched across our church windows in Gipsy Hill all through Morning Prayer and gave us a whole new dimension for reflection.
Anonymous said…
no rainbow here in KX, but keep on chasing the glorious moments my friend

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown