Mosab Hassan Yousef...

I've got a great Dad! He likes his newspaper and He's keen to make sure I am up to date with those little stories that I could miss. So whenever I visit I come home with a stack of clippings to equip me! That is a long way round to legitimise why I am about to point to a story in the Daily Telegraph!!

There is an interesting story about Mosab Hassan Yousef, the son of one of the top guys in Hamas - the Palestinian Islamist group. You can read it here. In short Mosab Hassan Yousef started to question and deconstruct his faith but reconstructed it through what he read in the Bible. The one time successor of leadership of Hamas is now a Christian, having found himself excited at what he read in the Gospels. The answers to the end of violence he found in forgiveness and what he saw as the foundation of Christianity 'love your enemies'.

He is well worth googling.

Comments

Chris Heward said…
The Daily Telegraph isn't amazing, but there are worse ones: i.e. the Daily Mail. I was a bit aghast, but not overly surprised, when in the Salvationist recently one writer mentioned that in a poll it was revealed that the majority of the periodical's readership took the Mail as their paper of choice.

That story is great, and especially good to hear of the love his father had for him despite what could possibly be seen as betrayal. I guess it shows that we are all made in the likeness of God and display his characteristics, whatever faith we have, and hopefully through that the father will be intrigued to investigate the Christian faith himself.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown