Devon/Cornwall 2009...

Camping went well - amazingly, not much rain! We managed to eat outside every night! I have to say that the coastline around Plymouth was pretty much outstanding and I thoroughly enjoyed discovering some of it.

It was as always good to spend time together as a family with friends, it was great having a whole day to myself with Bethan and to go out for a meal, even if when I went to pay I didn't have my wallet!

A day on the beach was a novelty at Wembury. The viaduct at Calstock was impressive as was the walk up to the house and gardens of Cotehele House. Polperro still makes me giggle but I guess you need to know Paul Pirie to get the joke (not so much a joke really!)

Other highlights were being able to finish Yoder's mind bendingly difficult Politics of Jesus, getting to watch Entertaining Angels- the story of Dorothy Day and The Son of Man which was a great depiction and interpretation of the Story of Jesus from a South African perspective.

There is no easy way to say this - but the problem with catching spider crabs is knowing how to cook them in a pan far too small. You might be glad to know that I didn't catch the crab, nor did I cook it, nor was I ill having eaten some of it!

I really enjoyed and needed this break and would highly recommend the area for visit.

Then to finish it all off by watching Chelsea win the FA Cup - perfick!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown