Looking for 10:5

I have been working my way through a self study retreat based on Gordon MacDonald's book 'Resilient Life'. The last few days have been defining the essence of what a resilient person looks like.

Resilient people
:: run free from the weight of the past
:: understand the importance of repairing the past
:: respect the power of memory
:: practice repentance
:: are quick to forgive
:: overflow with gratitude
:: squeeze the past for all it's wisdom

The guiding questions are not without challenge and are humbling as I dig deeper into the core of who I am. As I sit in the 24/7 prayer room I find myself praying and asking what would a resilient church look like?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown