Party Church... 'for the uninvited' [now that's a party!?]

Seems that there is a lot of church talk in emerging circles equating church with party!

Maggi Dawn alludes to it. "Party church". We talked about it at BLAH, about enjoying church. I get the sentiments. I like the thoughts.

But the metaphor is not that new. "Once there was a king who prepared a wedding feast for his son..." (Matthew 22:1 ff) remember the story? "Now go to the main streets and invite to the feast as many people as you find." (Matthew 22:9. Seems the party didn’t kick off until the "uninvited became the invited".

I think I’m more bothered about the uninvited of society; those that don’t fit; those that are marginal; the insignificant; the don’t belong crowd– I feel more at home with these guys than with the ecclesiastical party boys and girls...

"We’re looking for a church - what can your church do for us, what can it offer..."

I look at two professionals sat before me and I wonder ...'what can we do for you?' ... 'what can we offer?'. We go through the motions of outlining our ethos, outreach and worship but really I think they need to find a "Party Church".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown