A bittersweet view of London...

House Three at theTraining College has an amazing view of the London skyline. I took in the irony of the beauty of a skyline that for the mother I'd just been to see represents a city that stole the life of her son.

Francoise arrived a couple of days ago.

There was no staff at the college over the weekend so it fell to me. Francoise needed somewhere to stay in London, originally from Congo Brazzaville she now lives in Paris. She had to come to London because last week her son on holiday in London was murdered.

I had a conversation with someone last week that was bemoaning the college's lack of missional edge! I'm not so sure - it felt good to be part of a reaching out to this family that are search for peace and justice.

Comments

Prayer support for her offered - I'm never too busy.
Blessings
Eleanor n/TSSF
Wendy said…
I don't think there's a lack of opportunity for mission at WBC, I think it's a matter of whether or not we perceive our community as just what happens within these walls or the beyond. Come and prayerwalk the school run with us one day. I feel really called at the moment to be reaching into the community that surrounds Bessemer Grange school. We willingly let our children be part of that community, and yet keep ourselves apart from it.

I'll commit to pray for Francoise too.

By the way, I struggled back to College, weighed down by my shopping!! Thanks for the phone message. I was okay really - having no car stops you from buying too much!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown