I am an Independent clapper....!

There have been some very long meetings this week, with lots of singing and a fair bit of clapping too.

Is this just a UK thing or is this worldwide? When a classic hymn is sung that has high clapability, the general rule of thumb is that the congregation will do a united on the beat clap. Conversely when - dare I say - a more contemporary song or chorus is sung that equally is clapable a congregation will slip into an off beat mode of clapping.

Well I stand before you as an independent clapper, I refuse to be institutionalised and bullied by the crowd. I proudly defied institution by employing a off beat clap for the traditional songs and a determined on beat clap for the contemporary songs.

Will you join me? Stand up for your rights and be an independent clapper!

Let Google find us by posting "I am an independent Clapper....!" in the subject, let people know - let the revolution being!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I uphold my right *not* to clap at all!!
Anonymous said…
I did notice your independent clapping and your observations on Saturday!! I too at times can not understand why clapping patterns exist but at least we know that are congregations are full of sheep - lets just hope they are following the right Shepherd!

Sue
Gordon said…
Chris - Respect! I'm not that on the edge yet! Although I aspire to that :o)
Gordon said…
Sue - Good point, I'm trawling the gospels to see whether there is evidence that Jesus clapped 'on beat' or 'off beat'? I'll do what he does:o)

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown