Two questions...

John Ortberg in an article on Spiritual Formation in Leadership Journal (Winter 2010), gives a great summary of how we create space for spiritual formation. How you are doing spiritually was often a question to answer with measurable actions usually involving a description of the health of a 'Quiet Time'.

I was struck by an answer Dallas Willard gave Ortberg when he asked how Willard monitored the condition of his soul. Apparently he asks himself 2 questions.
  • Am I growing more or less easily irritated these days?
  • Am I growing more or less discouraged these days?
Seems a good indicator of our well being. I'm not sure I'm doing too well these days - grrrr!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown