Shouting Jesus...

Our Territorial Commander has a powerful resonating preaching voice. Anyone who has heard Commissioner John Matear preach would not have lost the irony of him saying "... and when you've finished doing good you don't need to shout Jesus at them!"

Recently I found myself listening to our Territorial Commander as he outlined TSA's essence and calling to punch holes in the dark; I was more than encouraged. In fact it was the most powerful declaration of mission in a sermon I have ever heard. I'm still trying to processing the impact it had on me and it will remain with me forever.

It was Leslie Newbigin who said something like words without action are dumb.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown