What a couple of days...

So yesterday it was sitting listening to the brilliance of Jürgen Moltmann, Miroslav Volf, David Ford, Luke Bretherton and Rowan Williams, tomorrow we have a day with Dallas Willard. Weeks like this don't come along very often.

I think I need a bit of a challenge from Dallas tomorrow spiritual formation wise, I need help to recover from the squeaky upperclassness of HTB and the rediscovery of a chip on my shoulder.

There are not many churches in the world where in the same day you hear the word 'discombobulated' and an opening gambit where one speaker at HTB asked for a show of hands up if you were educated at Cambridge!!! On top of that it was interesting queuing for the toilet when the women walked past us with a smirk.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I made a point in the seminar I attended and the answer contained 3 different variations on "ontological!" That, said, Mike Lloyd's introduction of, "The next speaker who is going to come and make a complete arse of themselves is..." was pleasantly refreshing.

A great day, and so encouraging to be able to share it with a good bunch of colleagues.

I am sure the day with Dallas Willard will have been very helpful too.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown