Opening Ceremony Sutton SA style...

'So we can just come in can we ... and eat ... for free?' a young couple ask me as I watch a game of Kubb develop outside Sutton SA. '...what is this place?' says another as someone runs to get a pen, that was all he came in for. Sutton SA's 'opening ceremony festival' was, in the words of WWW creator, Sir Tim Berners-Lee, 'for everyone'. Chatting, while the barbecues prepared food, an ever growing number of people streamed through the open doors. 

As brilliant and spectacular as the Olympic opening ceremony undoubtedly was, as Kate and I start a new chapter in ministry, there was another opening ceremony. As I watched, felt and tasted the fellowship that Sutton SA represents, the significance of the moment was not lost on me! We could do without the fireworks! but let the games begin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown