Bono's 'Grace Incarnate' Sermon...

"...grace, was made incarnate - in a movement of all kinds of people. It wasn't a bless-me club... it wasn't a holy huddle. These religious guys were willing to get out in the streets,..." (Bono)

This is floating around the world of blog but I want it to stick here. Read (here).
"God is in the slums, in the cardboard boxes where the poor play house. God is in the silence of a mother who has infected her child with a virus that will end both their lives. God is in the cries heard under the rubble of war. God is in the debris of wasted opportunity and lives, and God is with us if we are with them....It's not a coincidence that in the scriptures, poverty is mentioned more than 2,100 times. It's not an accident. That's a lot of air time, 2,100 mentions. (You know, the only time Christ is judgmental is on the subject of the poor.) 'As you have done it unto the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me' (Matthew 25:40). As I say, good news to the poor."
Bono

Unbelievable - someone should tell him about alliteration and three points and he'd have a future!

So I guess the challenge to me this week is in what ways do I, do we as a church make Grace incarnate?

Comments

BrownEyedGirl said…
Funny, I preached on this last Sunday. The main point being even if the Army as a whole can count themselves as sheep....we will have to answer to God not just a body of believers but as individuals. Which side am I on when the day is all done? I don't think saying....well I am a Salvationist is going to count for much if I personally didn't go out and meet Jesus where He was at!
Appreciated your comment on my blog...was intrigued by your use of the word "probably".

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown