Victor's latest...

I caught Victor as he was leaving. We haven't had the greatest of relationships recently and I have had to say 'no' several times. So I thought it was time for a 'non-moany' chat.

Victor moved into a new housing trust last year and it isn't going well. He feels that his neighbour upstairs has a vendetta on him. Victor's response has been to sleep on the streets. It's cold right now - he has a warm flat but his solution is to sleep in the doorway of the church.

"I'm pretty warm you know..!" ... "But Victor you have a flat..?"

Then he shows me a letter. I sigh as I read how he is in arrears with his rent. I sigh as I read the terse letter telling him to sort himself out or he will be evicted. I sigh as I project Victor six months and know he will be joining the vast army of street homeless with mental health problems. I sigh as I know I will have to make a phone call.

"Wait here Vic..."


I take the letter and call the number and explain how Victor needs help and not these kind of letters . I explain how Victor buys flutes like a child buys lollies so that he can mutilate them by thinking he can turn them into saxophones. I explain how his flute talks to him, how there is a plot in the palace to get him instigated by George V - whose death is an elaborate lie. I explain not only that but now the Duke of Edinburgh is involved.

"...do you think that this guy can cope with the kind of letter you have just sent him?"

"I think we need to contact his support worker...!"

I'm glad I caught Victor for a chat..!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown