Sales Deception...

Minutes before he was smiling on our doorstep now he was in our kitchen giving me the hard sell.

Minutes before he was smiling on our doorstep now he was in our kitchen giving me the hard sell. I'd been conned. I'm not proud but he became the first person I ever threw out of our house. It happened like this.

We were having a family meal when there was a knock at the door. I opened the door had an ID card thrust under my nose. "Come to read the metre Guv..." We traipse downstairs and I show him the metre. He looks at it disinterestedly then follows me into the kitchen.

"Listen while I'm here I wonder if you would be interested in changing over to British Gas as the provider for your....."

"Hang about...." I interject. "You said you were here to read the metre..."

He hums and hars. "You weren't were you? .... You were here to sell me something, and even if I were interested I wouldn't buy it from you now... you lied and deceived me"

Kate looks on embarrassedly!

He still looks hopeful. "Listen it really would be worth your while..."

"Mate!" I say forcefully politely "you need to go!"

Even if I had wanted change my electricity provider - the sales technique sucked.

How did we allow evangelism to become sales patter - the gospel deserves better treatment than that!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown