Giving hope.....

Mr Singh has just shown me where he sleeps at night. Where he pulls up his collar to keep warm. Where he sleeps on freight pallets. Where at night he sees and feels the rats brushing past him.

We get him a sleeping bag and the promise of a change of clothes. Richard our community and youth worker rings through to the Street Rescue Team and gets the assurance that someone will meet him to start the process of getting him off the streets. As I rush out to my next appointment he grabs my arm, smiles "Thank you, thank you - you have given me hope for the first time in one and a half years".

As I write this I see thunder and lightening, rain and hail stones unusually large for the UK - I can't help think of Mr Singh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown