I hate jigsaws....

I went to visit Sid this afternoon. Sid has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. Sid's illness has gradually worn Maureen out. Sid is now in a home and it is breaking Maureen's heart. (I try to understand.... ; Sometimes all you can do... ; Maureen...Professional pastoral pre-occupation!!)

To be honest Maureen's expectations of her church have been extra-ordinary. She feels let down. We've tried our best. In her depression she has lashed out. Nothing we do seems to help. It's painful when you are really doing your best. It's painful when her vision is rightly tunneled on her issue but she can't understand the wider picture. It's painful when people you don't even know have words to say. But we still try to understand, to minister, to simply be there. I went to visit Sid this afternoon.

I never know what to say to Sid so I gave him a jigsaw. Maureen smiled...!

I think next visit I'll help do it with him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown