Two Churches...

Everyday I drive past this church at least twice a day and I have only just noticed it....

Our route to school takes down a street where there is a church that is so noticeable. Not because of a clever noticeboard, not because of a glitzy facade, not because it is bathed in light or that it has a trendy programme. For 9 months we have driven past this church and have become surprised when the doors are closed.

This church says 'we are a presence in your community, we are here for you' simply by communicating that it is available, through nothing more than an open door.

I've only just noticed - after 9 months - that there is a church opposite that has bright pink doors, bright pink steps. I was astounded that I had missed it. Everyday I drive past this church at least twice a day and I have only just noticed it. Now I am surprised when its doors are open!

Its doors open only on a Sunday and for an hour on a Wednesday evening to proclaim its message! A message hidden behind closed doors. Pity!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown