The Beauty of Dorset...

Back safe and sound from Dorset.

Fossil hunting along the Jurassic Coast. Tandem riding (again) with Bethan. Crabbing along the quay at Poole. A morning at Durdle Door, an afternoon eating seafood at Lulworth Cove. Monkey World. Walks along the Castlmann Trail and lots of reading was really restful.

But I wouldn't have missed Patrick 'singing' in church this morning for the world. Or Victor's weekly encouragement of my guitar playing "the last one was alright, really uplifting ... the rest were rubbish!"

Always good to get away ... always good to get back. Dorset is beautiful but Poplar will always have a beauty for me. I spent quite sometime thinking we move on next month - this is the last time we come back to Poplar from holiday :o(

Comments

Rob said…
Glad you had a good time; those are all my favourite places and the omes I grew up in ... hours spent canoeing from weymouth to Lulworth and back!

catch up soon!
WalksInTheWoods said…
the beauty of your Poplar ...is Holy Spirit driven Bittersweet ...

the taste of it lingers longer on the heart, than the taste of the best coffee on the pallate....

Mhairi said it best in her blog the other day ,.... the beauty of people is far more than skin deep .......and your simple comment, "but Poplar will always have a beauty for me", speaks volumes to those who have loved not as the world loves, but as the Christ loves.....

thanks for a memory and the blessing....
Yadah said…
Thank you, Gordon for the year of reading and enjoying your stories of the different folk who enjoy hanging out with you.

I know the SA has you all moving, but I hope you'll not lose your heart and passion for the simple folk when you get in that new THQ building. Wow . . . Blessings in your move. I pray that you'll be able to stir the leadership with whom you'll rub shoulders!
Gordon said…
Rob - I bet you went through the arch aswell! Thinking about it - it is probably as quick to canoe than the walk up from the beach at DD!!

It'll be good to catch up I guess we need to arrange a date - although I suspect it might need to be after we move now unless you can come to Poplar?
Gordon said…
WalksInTheWoods, Yadah - thank you for the encouragement and insight which was helpful

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown