Brazilians and selfish high expectations...

I had an interesting experience at Ashburnham yesterday.

In some free time I took myself off for a wander and heard screams and shouts from the library. I looked in and there were 8 Brazilian be-decked in flags, bandana's and Ronaldinho replica shirts watching the Brazil Ghana game.

I took a back seat and sat back and watched the game with them. It wasn't long before they were moaning and berating their team. Huffing and puffing, pointing their fingers. Their shouts of criticism knew no bounds! I looked on in disbelief as they relegated Ronaldinho, Kaka, Ronaldo and co to a level that I recognised of not even our current English team - remember Carlton Palmer, Geoff Thomas and Gary Stevens?
Unbelievable - this was Brazil! and even on an off day there was enough about them to instill fear into anyone. If they want to know what inebt underachieveable football is like they should try putting themselves in my shoes!! I looked on and wondered whether expectations too high can be crippling in their selfishness?

My expectations of retreat were more realistic this year and I really enjoyed everything that was on offer. I also enjoyed being part of the Brazilian celebrations!

Comments

Keeley said…
so u just sat at the back watching the fans lol you should have joined in you could have made some interesting friends.
Gordon said…
My Portuguese isn't up to much! But my smiling wasn't too bad - even tho I was supporting Ghana I think we enjoyed each other's company.
Keeley said…
wel thats like when england was playing trinadad and tobago. i was round the pub and their were two trinadad and tobago fans there even tho we were all supporting different teams we all had a joke and a goos time

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown