The Note...

The note had that well-read feel.


I saw the wife. I saw the children. I saw the pain, I saw the brokenness.

As I read it I felt the drama unfold in my mind. I saw the wife. I saw the children. I saw the pain, I saw the brokenness. What I was reading was breaking my heart. It was the note left behind by a father a husband broken by depression. It was a note apologising for his life. His inadequacies. His failings. It was a note saying goodbye before disappearing to endure his depression alone.

I finished the note and folded this precious last remaining contact with a man who had resorted to running away from his faults, who had resorted to thrusting his wife and children into despair. I looked up into the face of a woman who needed answers, direction, and help.

"What do I do...?"

We talked.

Comments

Kathryn said…
So glad you are there, Gordon.
Prayers for you, and for that family
xx
Gordon said…
thanks Kathryn

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown