Ray...worthy of conversation...

You need to know Ray

Introducing Ray
Ray…The Worst Week…Lessons in Grace

"There’s a man to see you…" I know who it will be… it’ll be Ray. Today is different, I’m going to be positive, I’m going to give him as much time as he wants, instead of ushering him out I’ll chat.

Chat we do. About his boxing, about his drinking, about his scaffolding business, about his daughters, about his wife all of who don’t want him. We chat and chat and chat. I get another cup of tea as he tells me of his exploits in street brawls, his journeys, his arrests - but all the time he is confused. "Why don’t you want me to go? Everyone wants me to go, fix me up and get rid of me…"

Sometimes these people just want the respect that all of us want. I get him a change of clothes and sandwich for the road and he goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown