The last day...

Yesterday was our last official day in Poplar, however we both went into the church today and finished our 8 years awash with memories.

I guess it was fitting to bump into various iconic people on our last day Phillipa seemed fairly balanced as I greeted her. Patrick seemed a little withdrawn but as I sat with him I thought about all the battles we have had with him and for him. Sonya has been pushing us to the wire and has been aggressive with Kate - we feel bad she doesn't seem to understand and for her we represent another person walking out on her. I think of the stories of her childhood and understand.

I felt emotional today - the reality has hit me, we are leaving.

Thanks Poplar - your individual stories and lives have shaped me.

Comments

Blessings through the transition. :)
Roz Lynch said…
laters
Thomas said…
ill probably see you on monday...........but........just for the record, as ive said it all week on many different occasions:

Wednesday night for Kate

Thursday for you

Sunday to all of you

Tuesday after the interview i said goodbye

I pooped in on Thursday to officially say good bye but i was reminded that ill probably see you on Monday.

But for the record............good bye guys!

:0)
Gordon said…
And Thomas I'll always remember that you came in on Thursday to poop! we wondered who it was!! :o)
Thomas said…
lol Gordon what you on about. Does "poop" mean something else because if it means what i think you are implying then you must be wrong.

I really would like to know what you are on about!
Rob said…
God me with you all in the move!
Gordon said…
Thomas - look back at your comment! You originally said "I pooped in on Thursday to officially say good bye"
Thomas said…
lol i feel silly now.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown