Well why doesn't he say that then!!!?

"is he still going on...?"

It was hot and Bethan had escaped the evening sermon that the Territorial Commander was preaching. Commissioner Mattear was in full flow as I whispered to a face that was saying "doh! I came back too early".... "yes he is still going on!"

"I feel I ought to go and pray ... I want to take Jesus seriously!?" .

Bethan sighed "What's he saying anyway?"

I think how to summarise the last 30 minutes to a 10 year-old. "Well... I think he is trying to say that it is well worth taking Jesus seriously..."

Bethan looks up and says "Well why doesn't he say that then!!!?"

Later there was a chance for people to kneel at a huge cross in the auditorium. Bethan whispers to me "I feel I ought to go and pray ... I want to take Jesus seriously!?"

We went together hand in hand and I remembered how 22 years ago at a Commissioning I knelt because I felt I ought to take Jesus seriously.

Comments

Thomas said…
Rock on, i want to take Jesus seriously too.

Im with Bethan!
Andrew Bale said…
Wonderful... my Bathany (7 years old) took me to the cross and there she told me (and God) that she wanted to be an Officer!

Hallelujah!

PS I thought the TC was superb (incisive, courageous and perceptive) and I could have listened all night.
caldjr said…
Praise to God. Will pray for Bethan on her new journey. Good to know that God can still use what seems the longest of longest ever sermons and pull out a little nugget that brings people to His feet.

All blessings

Dan

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown