The anguish of Gethsemane#1...

So I was invited to lead prayers in Holy week at Territorial headquarters. The anguish of Gethsemane.

I weave together a video using the Gethsemane imagery from The Last Temptation ... (that bit being pretty orthodox!), Sieger Koder's stations of the cross together with the words of an old chorus "Lest I forget Gethsemane, lest I forget thy love for me, lest I forget thy thine agony... lead me to Calvary" all to Coldplay'’s -In my place.

I was early. No one was there. So I sat at the back of the meeting hall and played it full volume and I was pleased it worked really well. The images and words with the music communicated the anguish of Gethsemane.

The people came. I said the words. I played the video.

Nothing... a fault with their cabling decided to kick in :o(

I came away smiling though -– with all the things you can now do on a computer it is so easy to fall into the trap of trying to impress.

I think I learned a lesson!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks Gordon,

I've been there too...
BrownEyedGirl said…
OH! I think I've been learning this lesson to. Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown