The anguish of Gethsemane#3...

"Am I going to die....?"

I'm sprinting with my six-year old in my arms. We're both covered in blood. "No sweetheart you are not going to die".

"Dad .... I don't want to die..."

"Eryn sweetheart - you are not going to die!"

Eryn has been blown off her bike by a freak gust of wind. A sharp stone has made a small but really deep cut in her forehead. An unbelievable amount of blood is gushing down her face. A cocktail of blood and tears. I know it's going to be ok - but her pain is mine. Her anguish rips me apart.

As she is being cleaned up and glued in A&E - there is an irony to this day.

---

Eryn is fine, bruised and battered but fine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown