The problem with labels...

E~mergent Kiwi is one of the most resourceful sites I pop into I saw this recently. These simple little diagrams help and challenge with regards labels, schism and the dangers of partisan mission and ministry and the end of dialogue. I added my own at the end.



Juxtapose: placing two contrasting things alongside each other. In doing so, we allow a new mix to emerge from the contradiction.







Subvert: using one thing to alter the meaning of another thing.









Amplify: two things that together enhance and compliment.









Loggerhead: no one moves anywhere!








A challenge to myself: Do I spend more time trying to convince someone of my opinion rather than learning from theirs?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown