From where I sit...

From where I sit I look across the play park, the football pitch and beyond. Through the 1950ish Quadraphenesque tenements I can see Thornfield house. 9 Storeys high.

Bethan's friend lives in Thornfield house - one thing a ten-year-old should never hear is the scream of someone falling to their death. From where I sit I can make out the corner of the building, I can see the balcony where for some reason a life - before Easter was lost.

Last night at Youth club, a discreet word and a shoulder rub of compassion from our Youth Worker wasn't lost on me. I followed it up to discover that that someone who fell was someone's Grandmother. Someone in our Youth Club has a lot to come to terms with.

Comments

Anonymous said…
When faced with these type of situations I am always very grateful for my own upbrining and the protection my parents gave me. However, I do not take this for granted and it is something that in all that I do I strive to help other children have this same type of safety to grow up in by helping their parents get their lives together. It is hard to comprehend how some children live - but we can make a difference to some of their lives.

Glenda

Popular posts from this blog

A bit of sally bashing....

Types of Christian Spirituality...

Lost Voices of Mission...Fred Brown